- What is interest?
- What is principal?
- What limits a banks ability to make a loan?
- What are bank reserve requirements?
- What are a bank capital requirements?
Credit & Debt
- What is credit?
- What is debt?
- What is a debt-to-gdp ratio?
- How do you determine whether a debt-to-gdp ratio is good or bad?
- What is leverage?
- What is delieveraging?
- What is government debt?
- What is the total amount of credit instruments in the US [TCMDO]?
- What is consumer revolving credit?
The Federal Reserve
- What is FRED?
- What is FRASER?
- What is the US flow of funds account (FoF Account)?
- Is the federal reserve a public or private institution?
- Who are members of the federal reserve?
- How are federal reserve participants selected?
- What is the federal reserves balance sheet?
- How does the federal reserve affect interest rates?
- What is open market operations of the federal reserve?
- When did open market operations begin at the federal reserve?
- What affect does open market operations have on short term interest rates?
- What entity is in charge of printing US currency?
- What are the issues with barter?
- Is there more than one type of money?
- What is a medium of exchange?
- How is the medium of exchange created?
- Who regulates the medium of exchange?
- What is the M2 money supply and its components?
- What is the M1 money supply and its components?
- What is the difference between publicly held debt and intergovernmental holdings?
- How does the US borrow money?
- How much government debt exists?
- What is a treasury auction?
- How is the interest rate determined for a treasury security?
- What role does the federal reserve have with the Treasury?